8/22/13

Let us continue to celebrate life!


I still have “Jubilee” in my brain. Jubilee was and continues to be such a good experience and is on the top of my mind…and will be until all the Thank You letters are written. I thank each person who contributed in any way to my 60th Jubilee celebration. Last Sunday I celebrated with my home parish of St. Alexius, in West Union, MN. One very nice surprise was that Fr. Richard Gans, a Trappist Monk from Chile, was on home-visit and was the celebrant of the Mass. I've not seen him in such a very long time.


Now back to Life at the Convent. Yesterday we had a one-day blood drive. There is much need for blood these summer days. Thank you to all who came.

The mother/mother-in-law of two of our employees, Muriel Miller, was buried yesterday, August 21st. Quite a few of the Environmental Services staff attended. It is a good way to show support to the family.


Today, August 22nd, the Sisters and Staff will be providing the Oasis Share-a-Meal supper at First Lutheran Church. This is a free meal every Thursday evening for everyone who comes. Different groups furnish the meal all year long. Usually we serve about 70 persons. Last time I was there, a few weeks ago, I noticed how many children and older adults were present. I am thankful to First Lutheran Church for providing the space for this charitable work of mercy.

Let us pray for gentle rains to water our thirsty earth.

God bless you,
Sister Mary Lou



1 comment:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Beautiful photos--thanks for sharing them!