2/2/11

February 2, 2011

Feast of the Presentation

And, also Groundhog Day.

As I write this, the sun is shining and the temp is minus 10 degrees…no wind chill.

I noticed on my calendar this morning that today starts the Frostbite Festival in Fergus Falls and is Winter Frolics in Two Harbors. They will have the cold and snow they celebrate. I heard on the radio that is was minus 44 wind chill in Morris this morning. I’d not feel bad if we didn’t get another flake of snow this winter, but I doubt that will happen.

Saturday evening, February 5th, we will have the Soup Supper from 4:30 to 7 p. m. We will have chicken wild rice, beef barley vegetable and tomato tortellini soups along with fresh baked cracked wheat and white bread, bars and beverages. Hope you can come. Today Sister Julien and Terry will be on the Party Line radio program this morning to talk about the Supper.

Last Sunday afternoon several of us Sisters attended the Pro-Life Dinner and program at the Falls Ballroom. The program and speakers were interesting to listen to, and the food as usual, was very good. There were about 400 persons in attendance. When I think of pro-life, I also include all life issues, not only the abortion issue.

Yesterday three of us former teachers went to Pierz to visit students at Holy Trinity School as they celebrate Catholic Schools Week. That week was always my favorite week of the year. It was a lot of work, but so much fun. I visited the two Kindergarten classrooms. I talked with the students, read them a story, told them a Bible story and treated them to a cookie and gave them a little gift. It was a fun time for me.

Next week we will have Legislative/Direction-Setting Meetings of the Delegate Assembly from Sunday evening through Saturday (February 6-12th). April 8-10 we will have the Election Session of the Delegate Assembly when we will elect new leadership Sisters for our Community. June 12th we will have Installation of New Leadership. Please keep us in prayer these important days.

Keep warm and safe.

Peace and blessings,

Sister Mary Lou

No comments: