11/18/15

Harvesting memories

This is National Bible Week. How about challenging yourself to read from the Bible for 15 minutes each day this week? I’m setting aside an extra 15 minutes each evening this week. Please read some Scripture, too, this week.

Saturday we had our Harvest Dinner. It was a delicious meal. I especially liked the roasted vegetables. We had 400+ guests plus 87 Sisters. (The left-over vegetables were in the soup this noon.) Thank you to all who came for this fund-raiser to support the Music Center and Health and Recreation programs. And THANK YOU to all the Volunteers who helped make the evening possible. God bless you all.

A week from Thursday is Thanksgiving Day. We have MANY things to be thankful for. I’m going to see if I can make a list of 1,000 things I’m grateful for…there are probably more.

In early December the Music Center sponsored Concerts will start. I’ll list dates and times next week.

The Feast of Christ the King is this coming Sunday the 22nd and then is the First Sunday of Advent on the 29th. How can it be?

From what I heard on the radio, we are in for a dull and dreary week. So enjoy these bright flowers. They are blooming in the Convent Dining Room.



Peace and all Good.
Sister Mary Lou

No comments: