9/8/15

Labor Day 2015

Labor Day, September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day. God bless and care for all who labor for our personal benefit and for the benefit of the Common Good. I am grateful for my years of labor as an elementary school teacher and principal and the many other things I “labored at.” The easy and good things made me happy and the tough things helped me grow to be a better person.

The following prayer was in our TAU-USA Magazine. I want to share it with you. Dear Lord: So far today, God, I’ve done all right. I haven’t gossiped, haven’t lost my temper, haven’t been greedy or grumpy; nasty, selfish or over-indulgent. I’m really glad about that! But in a few minutes, God, I’m going to get out of bed and from then on I’m probably going to need all the help I can get. Thank you, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Saturday evening there was a celebration at Holy Spirit Parish in St. Cloud to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the founding of St. Bartolome Parish in Maracay, Venezuela. Eighteen of our Sisters were Missionaries there from 1967 to 1992. Happy Anniversary and thank you for all the good you did at that Mission.

Last Wednesday we invited the CEC teachers for noon lunch. After so many years of their presence, we will miss the teachers and students from that program of the Public High School. I was sad to go down that darkened Ground Floor hallway and see the empty classrooms. The program has moved to one of the Public School’s own buildings. And we have plans to make use of these rooms in coming days and months.


Sister Ruth’s friend, Kevin, from Idaho, is visiting here. He’s such a joy to have around. The other day he was helping Sr. Ruth shuck sweet corn that we’ll have for supper tonight. Both he and Sr. Ruth know so much about horticulture and growing good, nourishing food.


This coming weekend is the Little Falls Arts and Crafts Fair. Today’s newspaper says it should be partly cloudy with high temp from 66 to 73 from Friday to Sunday. Those are good temp. Lack of strong winds would also be very good. We have a number of guests/vendors staying at St. Francis Center for a couple nights. They like to come here because it’s only a few blocks away from their booth—lots better than having to drive 30 or more miles to find a hotel/motel.

I am doing well after my new pacemaker was put in last week. I already have more pep and energy and do not tire so easily. My challenge is to take it easy with my left arm, to not lift more than two pounds for the next 5 weeks and not raise my left arm too high. Thanks to all who kept me in prayer.

Let us pray for students and teachers as they start school tomorrow. My their year be a year of great learning in both academics and life skills.

Sunday, September 13 is International Chocolate Day!

Peace and many blessings, Sr. Mary Lou

No comments: