3/31/14

Oodles of fun

What can I say about the weather? I thought I was finished taking pictures of snow covered trees and bushes. But, last Thursday evening I was out on my scooter looking at the bushes on the west side of St. Francis Center. Though most of us are tired of snow for this season, we have to admit that God’s artistry produces beautiful results. Today we await rain and snow to return later this evening. Yesterday was sunny and warm at 53 degrees…and so we live in hope of more of it to come our way.




Yesterday I went to Alverna Apartments to play cribbage with my friend, Al Gallus. We played one game and then went to St. Otto’s Chapel for the Living Stations of the Cross. These were done by students of Our Lady of Lourdes School. Student actors will always read the Scripture story of the Passion and Death and Resurrection of Jesus with a fuller understanding of Jesus’ love for us. The narration connected the actions then to our present day situations and challenged us to Christ-like ways of responding in our day. Thank you, Students, for a very inspirational presentation.





All day Saturday I attended a Regional Secular Franciscan Gathering in Cold Spring. I was presenter in one of the small group sessions in the morning and again in the afternoon. God bless all Secular Franciscans.

This cactus stands in the East Entrance of the Convent. I park my scooter next t it every day. One day I thought I needed to show the plant to you…and the little note that is next to it. It is quite a plant and an interesting history.



The Nursing Leadership Symposium folks will be here Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. They like coming here for their meetings. They tried another site, but came back here their next meeting.

Peace and blessings on you this Fourth Week of Lent.


God bless you,
Sister Mary Lou

No comments: